Litetronics Introduces Revolutionary New Troffer Retrofit
One of the largest lighting categories in terms of installed base is florescent fixtures. There are about 964 million fluorescent fixtures in the U.S. alone! If they could all be retrofitted to LED, the U.S. Department of Energy estimates $11 billion could be saved on energy annually. Litetronics, a 45 year old lighting manufacturer, has a line of easy to use retrofits that makes converting the most popular troffers to LED.
Retrofit kits face two challenges – mimicking the existing light output and cost of installation. The new LED RetroFits from Litetronics deliver the energy savings and light output demanded by today’s savvy energy and facilities managers. For example, the 3-light 2×4 retrofit uses only 50w, but can replace four T8 lamps while matching the lumen output and light distribution from the existing fixture! That’s nearly a 60% energy savings. And with a rated life of 85,000 hours backed by a 7 year warranty, facility owners will enjoy those energy savings for many years.
Installation of the LED RetroFit is quick and easy – greatly reducing typical costly labor charges. The kit can be installed in less than 3 minutes! After removing the ballast and ballast cover, the one-piece unit fits securely into the troffer housing and is held in place with powerful, rare earth magnets. This patent pending system allows for fast, hands-free final connections.
The Litetronics LED RetroFit takes all the guess work and uncertainty out of troffer retrofitting. There is no need to worry about choosing the right tube, internal vs. external drivers, replacing tombstones, bypassing or using the existing ballast, etc., etc. The LED RetroFit is a self-contained, one-piece unit, suitable for either 120v or 277v systems. It is UL and DLC approved and available in 3500k, 4000k, or 5000k.
And finally, the LED RetroFit is the best value on the market. It has a cost of less than half of that of a typical new LED luminaire, installs much quicker and avoids the cost of recycling perfectly good fluorescent fixtures.
Summary of Features & Benefits of Litetronics LED Retrofits
1. Simple & Fast Installation – unit is all one-piece and is held in place by strong rare earth magnets which allows installer to use both hands to finish install. Installation is quick and easy – greatly reducing typical costly labor charges. The kit can be installed in less than 3 minutes! After removing the ballast and ballast cover, the one-piece unit fits securely into the troffer housing and is held in place with rare earth magnets. This patent pending system allows for fast, hands-free final connections.
2. Everything required for installation is included in kit: retrofit, quick connect, self-tapping screws, junction box cover (also magnetized); UL labels
3. Energy efficient:
a. 3 light 2×4 uses only 50w and replaces 4 lamp T8 (112w*) or 4 lamp T12 (141w*)
b. 2 light 2×4 uses only 32w and replaces 3 lamp T8 (85w*) or 3 lamp T12 (106w*)
c. 3 light 2×2 uses only 32w and replaces 2 U-bend T8 (56w*)
d. 2 light 1×4 uses only 32w and replaces 2 lamp T8 (56w*) or T12 (70w*)
* assumes .88 ballast factor
4. Long-lasting – 85,000 hr. rated life
5. Universal voltage – units work on 120v or 277v
6. Strong warranty – 7 years including lumen depreciation, from a company that’s been in the lighting business 45 years and not going away!
7. Available in 3500k, 4000k and 5000k (3000k available by special order)
8. CRI – 83
9. DLC approved so eligible for rebates
10. UL Listed
11. Allows end user to “spot retrofit” since retrofitted troffers look nearly identical to existing fluorescent troffers
12. Can be used in parabolic or prismatic units. (looks great in parabolic)
13. Approved for food service applications (plastic, shatter-proof lens)
14. Additional features available:
a. Bi-level switching on 3 light units (just outside lights on, just inside light on, all 3 lights on)
b. Low voltage (0-10v) dimming
c. Line voltage (120v and 270v) dimming
d. Emergency battery back-up